Items checked out at Larchmont Public Library are automatically renewed if they are eligible to be renewed. Items might not be eligible if they have already been renewed once, if there is a hold on the title, or if renewals are not allowed on the item category e.g. Express books.
Circulating Materials for Adults & Young Adults
- Books, including current bestsellers and large print books
- Express Books – new bestsellers on an “as available” basis
- Audiobook compact discs – abridged and unabridged
- Periodicals – circulating collection of popular titles
- Music compact discs
- DVDs for adults and children
- Downloadable eBooks, audiobooks, movies, music and magazines.
- Materials for basic literacy and materials to learn a foreign language
Circulating Materials for Children
- Books for toddlers to middle school students
- Children’s books in French
- Book and cassette kits
- Circulating periodicals
- Music Compact Disks
The Larchmont Public Library assumes NO responsiblity for the equipment of patrons who use our CDs, DVDs and tapes.
|Type of Item
|Larchmont Express Books
|New Books – fiction and non-fiction
|All other books – fiction and non-fiction
|Magazines (not all circulate)
Reviewed and amended by the Library Board of Directors, July 14, 2021.
|20 cents per day per item on all materials except Express Books, inter–library loans, videos and DVDs
|50 cents per day
|Inter–library Loans (items from outside the Westchester Library System
|$2.00 per day
|20 cents per day per item on all materials except videos and DVDs
|Non–express Videos & DVDs
|50 cents per day overdue per video or DVD
|Express Videos & DVDs
|$1.00 per day overdue per video or DVD∗
∗Reduced from $2.00 to $1.00 on July 14, 2021.
- Items checked out at Larchmont Public Library are automatically renewed if they are eligible to be renewed.
- Items on hold for another patron may not be renewed
- Items may only be renewed once
- Express or InterLibrary Loan (books from outside the Westchester Library System) may not be renewed.
- To check the status of your items by phone, call 674-4169 with library card in hand. Your PIN is most likely the last four digits of your home telephone number.
- To check the status of your items online, go to the catalog and log in to your account.
- All items may be renewed in person or by phone at the Larchmont Library during regular library hours. Patrons who wish to renew items must have their library card available.