Resources available with your Library Card:
- Britannica Elementary – Encyclopedia Britannica for elementary school students. Lets students look for people, places and things, watch and learn with videos and animations, and have fun with games and activities.
- Britannica Primaria – Geared towards elementary school students, the leading resource for accurate and age-appropriate content in Spanish. New features make it more valuable than ever for native Spanish speakers, bilingual students, and students learning Spanish (Para estudiantes de primaria, el principal recurso de contenido preciso y apropiado para la edad en español. Las nuevas funciones lo hacen más valioso que nunca para los hablantes nativos de español, los estudiantes bilingües y los estudiantes que están aprendiendo español.)
- Gale in Context: Elementary – Designed especially for students in kindergarten through grade five. Complete with an engaging, developmentally appropriate graphic interface, premier reference content and the best magazines for elementary students, Gale in Context: Elementary addresses the way kids learn and conduct research
- Tutor.com -Need study help? Have a quick question about homework? This free website, offers both live and text chat on a variety of subjects available 9am-10pm. Set up a free account with your library card number, and get started!
Other Helpful Sites:
Ben’s Guide to U.S. Government for Kids – A kid-friendly site that includes historical documents, symbols and descriptions of how our government works
- CIA World Factbook & Country Maps – The Central Intelligence Agency’s basic intelligence for 266 world entities; free maps can be downloaded and printed in PDF or JPEG formats
- Epa.gov/kids Information and activity pages to help students understand the importance of recycling, air quality, & waste management
- Instructables – Get step-by-step, user created instructions on how to make just about anything. Examples include instructions on building a digital microscope or sewing a zipper
- KidsHealth.org – Health education and information about human body systems for students and educators
- NASA for Students – A wealth of material about topics ranging from Astronomy to Earth Science
- National Geographic Kids – Provides research guides as well as kid friendly information about science and history